NorthStar is Open for Play – Beginning Wednesday, April 1
NorthStar is Open for Play
Here we go again! Monday’s directive from the State of Ohio to local County Health Departments allows golf courses to remain open under the following conditions:
- Clubhouse and Golf Shop must remain closed.
- Both private and public play is allowed. We have chosen to allow public play only if they prepay online or over the phone. The physical exchange of money or credit cards is not allowed.
- Golf carts are not allowed. Only individual pull carts are permitted, or golfers can carry their own bag.
- Tee Time intervals will be spaced every 12 minutes. To book your tee time please call the Golf Shop or book online.
- All practice facilities including the driving range, putting green and chipping green will be closed.
- Take-out service is allowed for food and beverage. We will offer a take-out menu that will be limited to hot dogs, brats, roll-ups and sandwich specials as well as a variety of snacks and candy. The menu will be posted on the outside of the front Clubhouse doors or you can call the Golf Shop for more information and/or place an order.
- Please adhere to the social distancing guidelines while on NorthStar property. Everyone is expected to adhere to the “six feet” recommendation given by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Golf Course Policies:
- Flagsticks: We are asking all golfers to leave the flagsticks in at all times in order to minimize the possibility of transmitting any disease.
- Bunker Rakes/Ball Washers/Water Coolers: All have been removed from the golf course and will return when it is safe to do so for the same reason as described above about flagsticks.
- Cups: Putting cups have been raised to ensure the golf ball is easily retrievable and doesn’t fall to the bottom of the cup.
- Course Etiquette: All players please continue to observe proper course etiquette and practices while you play i.e., replace divots and fix ball marks on the greens.
We apologize for the inconvenience that has been caused by our state and local governments’ “on again-off again” golf course policy during this coronavirus pandemic. I believe they have our best interest at heart, but are struggling with many new issues in these difficult times.
Bill Gallant, General Manager